Friday, April 27, 2007

Beginning

I am a social worker. I love people. Growing up, I didn't know I was a social worker. I just knew that I loved people. Especially elderly people. The work that I do now is extremely rewarding, and helpful to others who don't want to go it alone. I am a Professional Geriatric Care Manager (PGCM).

The people I work with are very special to me. I want to share their stories so that they can be special to you as well. They want to help you. Help you to avoid the mistakes that they made. Help you to learn from their wisdom. Help you enjoy life more and have more quality time with your family and friends.

Come along, if you'd like. You might find something of interest, of help. I'd be grateful if you did.

~

3 comments:

Caught in the Middle- Age said...

I enjoyed your posting. There are only a few PGCM's in Arkansas- three practicing actually- Social work is a calling- and so few feel pulled to the elderly in this area. It is good to have something to read and learn from.
lisa

Stephanie said...

Hi Debra, what a nice idea. Don't stop writing to the listserve, we still need your comments....

Marty said...

Hi, Debra, fellow Kansan -

You do write beautifully! Your caring heart shows through again and again.